Deck the Halls Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Depending on where we celebrate the holidays, there's a good chance the temperature will be a bit on the cool side...maybe even downright freezing! So why not have a slow cooker full of chili to keep spirits up and tummies warm? It's perfect 'cause the gang can help themselves whenever they get a break from all the decorating.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef, sausage, onions and garlic over high heat 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with all your favorite chili toppings.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- Secret Recipe Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- Hillbilly Chili
- Beef and Sausage Chili
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Saucy White Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Fire Station Chili