Jack O' Lantern Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy-to-carve refrigerated pie crust bakes up frightfully flaky over our heartiest chili and beans recipe for an eyeball-popping Jack O' Lantern Chili they won't be able to wait to dig into!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust, from a 15-ounce package
What To Do:
- In a 10- or 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes; drain then return mixture to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except pie crust and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on ungreased baking sheet. Using a knife, carve a jack o' lantern face into crust (see photo).
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until crust is light golden. Carefully place warm pie crust over chili mixture in skillet. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate the flavors of summer all year long with our Fiesta Zucchini Salad. This salad gets its great vibrant color from fresh veggies, like cherry red tomatoes, bright yellow corn, green zucchini, and more! It's truly a salad worth throwing a fiesta for!
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Secret Recipe Chili
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Hillbilly Chili
- Chunky Vegetable and Beef Chili
- Cincinnati Chili
- Beef and Sausage Chili
- Southern-Style Fish Chili
- Slow Cooked Chili