Jack O' Lantern Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy-to-carve refrigerated pie crust bakes up frightfully flaky over our heartiest chili and beans recipe for an eyeball-popping Jack O' Lantern Chili they won't be able to wait to dig into!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust, from a 15-ounce package
What To Do:
- In a 10- or 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes; drain then return mixture to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except pie crust and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on ungreased baking sheet. Using a knife, carve a jack o' lantern face into crust (see photo).
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until crust is light golden. Carefully place warm pie crust over chili mixture in skillet. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!