Pork and Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Pork and Bean Chili recipe will please everyone in your house, even people with diabetes who are watching what they eat. It's jam-packed with good taste and we can feel good about serving it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat, low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, saute pork over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of "Diabetes Forecast" magazine. For more information on diabetes, check out the American Diabetes Association website at www.diabetes.org or call 1-800-DIABETES.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Secret Recipe Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Cincinnati Chili
- Hillbilly Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- Saucy White Chili
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Fire Station Chili
- Southern-Style Fish Chili