Two-bean Turkey Chili
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Most chili dishes need hours of cooking to blend their flavors. If we don't have that kind of time, we can add some extra taste right at the beginning, and have chili in minutes.
What You'll Need:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney or pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (7 to 8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
cup picante sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¾-inch pieces
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Break up the sausage and sauté with the onion until the sausage is browned and the onion is tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chili reaches desired consistency. Serve.
Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or chopped cilantro and serve with additional picante sauce.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES