Use Your Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade chili with beans is a smart make-ahead meal to have ready when you know you're going to have a busy day coming up. Use Your Bean Chili will taste even better the next day when the flavors marry.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
What To Do:
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until softened.
Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add some brown meat or sausage and it's a straight, fast chili. We sometimes use a little salt or garlic to give it a tang. If you have a favorite combination of beans, they'll work fine too.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!
- Secret Recipe Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- Hillbilly Chili
- Saucy White Chili
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Fire Station Chili
- Southern-Style Fish Chili
- Beef and Sausage Chili