Vegetable Beef Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Vegetable Beef Chili has it all. Chock full of flavorful beef and good-for-them veggies, all in one pot, we couldn't ask for more.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese (optional)
What To Do:
In a large pot, heat the oil; sauté the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic just until tender. Add beef and brown; drain liquid. Add tomatoes, chili powder, salt, oregano and red pepper; mix.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If desired, add kidney beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve topped with grated Cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Secret Recipe Chili
- World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 6 Favorite White Chili Recipes and Chicken Chili Recipes
- Beef and Sausage Chili
- 5 Easy Chili Recipes With Ground Beef
- Slow Cooked Chili
- Hillbilly Chili
- Saucy White Chili
- Fire Station Chili
- Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake