We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our meatless vegetarian chili recipe tastes so good, you just might get your finicky eaters to clean their plates. It's a hearty veggie chili created to support Mrs. Obama's "Let's Move" campaign to address the rising rate of childhood obesity.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15- to 16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
What To Do:
In a large saucepan or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion 2 to 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, picante sauce, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
For a change of flavor, you can use black beans instead of red kidney beans, so go ahead and use your favorite. And sometimes we'll throw in a can of whole kernel corn (rinsed), for some extra color and crunch!
Be sure to have the usual mix-ins on hand, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. And a bowl of tortilla chips, too!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!