All American Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
Here's a cookie that brings together that great American combination of apples and Cheddar cheese. You'll definitely want to include All American Cookies on the menu for your next cookout!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the vanilla, flour, salt, butter, and applesauce; mix well. Gradually add cheese and stir until evenly blended.
- Roll batter into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased nonstick baking sheets. Flatten cookies with a fork and sprinkle generously with sugar mixture.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?