All American Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Here's a cookie that brings together that great American combination of apples and Cheddar cheese.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except cheese, and mix well. Gradually add cheese and stir until evenly blended.
Roll batter into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased nonstick cookie sheets. Flatten cookies with a fork and sprinkle generously with sugar mixture. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets while still warm.
Use mild or sharp Cheddar if you prefer. Make them your way.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Shortbread Drops
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Holly Crackles
- Granny's Apple Pie Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies: A Free eCookbook From Mr. Food
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles