We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
African-inspired, southern-style Benne Wafers are a sesame seed flavored cookie that are popular as part of traditional Kwanzaa celebrations but Benne Wafers can be enjoyed anytime.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric beater. Add remaining ingredients; mix well then drop by teaspoonful 1-1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
To toast sesame seeds, place in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and stir occasionally until lightly browned.
- Our flavorful Jerk Style Chicken is a traditional Kwanzaa dish that's also great any other time of year.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!