We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
African-inspired, southern-style Benne Wafers are a sesame seed flavored cookie that are popular as part of traditional Kwanzaa celebrations but Benne Wafers can be enjoyed anytime.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric beater. Add remaining ingredients; mix well then drop by teaspoonful 1-1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
To toast sesame seeds, place in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and stir occasionally until lightly browned.
- Our flavorful Jerk Style Chicken is a traditional Kwanzaa dish that's also great any other time of year.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Spruce up your hot dogs with a savory topping that's really yummy and comes together in no time. Our Old Time Hot Dog Sauce is beefy, flavorful, and all-American. It's just what your hot dogs need to take them from ordinary to extraordinary!