We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 cookies
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Gingerbread people are a Christmas favorite, but why not try this easy variation? We all love to decorate them, right? With this recipe we save baking time so there's more time to decorate. Then we can really get creative!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (11-ounce) package butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (3-4 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butterscotch chips and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring continuously. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, egg, and milk; mix well. Add slightly cooled butterscotch mixture and beat until well blended (dough will be crumbly).
- Shape into a ball and on a lightly floured cutting board with a floured rolling pin, roll dough out to a 1/4-inch thickness. Using boy and girl cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on ungreased rimmed baking sheets. Decorate with chocolate chips for eyes and mouths, and use three chocolate chips for buttons on boys.
- For soft cookies, bake 6 minutes; for crisp cookies, bake 8 minutes.
If you want to hang these as Christmas ornaments, make a hole at the top of each cookie with a straw before baking. Bake them crisp and then thread ribbon or string through holes so they'll be ready for hanging.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.