We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
What You'll Need:
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
- White decorative crystal sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add gelatin and sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass, and make an indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Place a cherry in indentation and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer, you can use cherries without stems and you can even cut them in half. Whatever works best for you!
A cookie exchange is fun and really increases your cookie offerings! For tips on how to host one, click here. And if you're looking for more cookie recipes (and who isn't!), click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Pecan Tassies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Cookie Ever