We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
What You'll Need:
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
- White decorative crystal sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add gelatin and sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass, and make an indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Place a cherry in indentation and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer, you can use cherries without stems and you can even cut them in half. Whatever works best for you!
A cookie exchange is fun and really increases your cookie offerings! For tips on how to host one, click here. And if you're looking for more cookie recipes (and who isn't!), click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.