Chocolate Chunk Cookies
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
cup (1 stick) butter, softened
cup vegetable shortening
cup granulated sugar
cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
cup chopped nuts (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, granulated and brown sugars. Beat until creamy then beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix only until incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Cool 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
Measuring shortening can be a sticky situation! Here are a few options for making it easier:
- Spray a dry measuring cup with cooking spray (this also works well when measuring peanut butter, honey and other sticky items).
- Line a dry measuring cup with plastic wrap and fill with the sticky item.
- Fill a 2-cup measuring cup with cold water to the 1-cup mark. If the recipe calls for 1/2 cup shortening, simply spoon shortening into water until water line raises to 1-1/2 cups; you'll have measured 1/2 cup shortening.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 29 11