We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This microwave dessert is one of our favorites because it involves a guaranteed, crowd-pleasing ingredient: chocolate! If you're looking to whip up a late-night snack the next time you get a case of the munchies, these chocolate cookies will certainly hit the spot. Have some sprinkles and nuts on hand so you can customize this microwave dessert just the way you like it!
What You'll Need:
- 4 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
- 3 (5.3-ounce) boxes shortbread cookies
What To Do:
- Microwave chocolate, butter, and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute, stirring at 15-second intervals. Stir until smooth. (Higher wattage microwaves may cook in less time.)
- Dip ends of cookies melted chocolate, and roll in desired toppings such as finely chopped toasted pecans, crushed hard peppermint candies, toasted sweetened flaked coconut, or red or green candy sprinkles. Place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet, and let stand 30 minutes or until firm.
You'll find shortbread cookies available in many different shapes. Use your favorite shortbread cookie or a variety for this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Roll up your sleeves and get those napkins ready, 'cause these deliciously juicy burgers are sure to leave a mess. Once you sink your teeth into our inside-out take on a cheeseburger you'll understand why we call these our Five Napkin Burgers. So what are you waiting for? Let's get messy!