Chocolate Oatmeal Freckles
If you like the rich tastes of chocolate and butterscotch, these are for you . . .
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
cups firmly packed brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
cups rolled oats
1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips
cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and the walnuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 5 dozen.
- Baking these for 9 to 10 minutes will give you chewy cookies. If you prefer them crispier, bake them for an additional 2 to 3 minutes...it's up to you.
10 24 14