Christmas Cherry Winks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Linda from Norwich, Connecticut started making these cookies with her mom and dad when she was younger and has continued to make them around Christmastime every year since!
What You'll Need:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 3 to 4 drops green food color
- 15 maraschino cherries, drained on paper towel, cut in half
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, orange rind, and lemon rind. Gradually add flour, salt, and walnuts until well combined. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and food color; mix until well blended, adding more, if necessary, to reach desired color. Frost each cookie then top with a cherry half.
- For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
- These Christmas Cherry Winks are part of our 2015 Christmas Cookie Countdown. To see what other cookies we're sharing, click here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.