We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These deliciously chewy Cowboy Cookies were shared with us by Jean, from Hadley, Pennsylvania who originally got this recipe from a woman in her Sunday school class. Wash them down with a tall glass of milk and you're in business!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Pecan Tassies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Cookie Ever