Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna make a batch of cookies guaranteed to earn a "thumbs up"? Our Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints are the cookie recipe to do it!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter, divided (see Note)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the butter, and vanilla. Beat in the melted chocolate. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture then stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-1/2-inch balls then press your thumb into the tops to make 1/2"-deep depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets and fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
All-natural peanut butter doesn't work in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!