Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Wanna make a batch of cookies guaranteed to earn a "thumbs up"? Our Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints are the cookie recipe to do it!
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
cup baking cocoa
teaspoon baking powder
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 cup sugar
1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter, divided (see Note)
cup butter, softened
teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the butter, and vanilla. Beat in the melted chocolate. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture then stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-1/2-inch balls then press your thumb into the tops to make 1/2"-deep depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets and fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
All-natural peanut butter doesn't work in this recipe.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 26 14