Edible Tree Ornaments
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2
cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended. Form dough into a ball; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Divide dough into two pieces and return one to the refrigerator.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out assorted Christmas shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Before baking, use a straw to make a hole at the top of each cookie that you plan to hang up. (That’s where you’ll thread them with ribbon for hanging on the tree.) Then sprinkle them with colored sugar or sprinkles.
- If you'd like, frost the cooled cookies with a glaze made of 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and red or green food color.
For more Christmas recipes like this one, order your very own copy of Mr. Food Christmas Made Easy.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 17 13