European Chocolate Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let your taste buds travel to Europe while you and your family travel back and forth to the cookie jar.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- In top of a double boiler, or in a stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and butter over simmering water until smooth and well blended. Transfer chocolate mixture to medium-sized bowl and let cool slightly.
- Blend the brown sugar, egg, water, and vanilla into slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and baking powder until well mixed. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts. (The batter will be very sticky.) Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until cookies are firm to touch, reversing position of trays once during baking.
- Remove cookie sheets to wire racks and cool completely before removing cookies from foil.
Store in an airtight container to maintain the scrumptious flavor!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pinwheels
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies