European Chocolate Cookies
- 30 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Let your taste buds travel to Europe while you and your family travel back and forth to the cookie jar.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2
cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- In top of a double boiler, or in a stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and butter over simmering water until smooth and well blended. Transfer chocolate mixture to medium-sized bowl and let cool slightly.
- Blend the brown sugar, egg, water, and vanilla into slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and baking powder until well mixed. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts. (The batter will be very sticky.) Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until cookies are firm to touch, reversing position of trays once during baking.
- Remove cookie sheets to wire racks and cool completely before removing cookies from foil.
Store in an airtight container to maintain the scrumptious flavor!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 10 11