Festive Coconut Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter, these Festive Coconut Macaroons are so easy to make you'll want to make them year round -- and we are totally okay with that!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-ounce) packages sweetened, flaked coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 candied red cherries, cut in half
- 8 candied green cherries, cut in half
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place coconut in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until sugar has dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract. Pour over coconut; mix well.
- With your hands, squeeze together 1/4-cupfuls of mixture to form slightly rounded mounds. Place mounds 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Place a half red and a half green cherry in center of each macaroon, cut sides pressed together.
- Turn off oven and leave macaroons in oven for 7 to 10 minutes (with oven door closed), until they turn golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Shortbread Drops
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Holly Crackles
- Granny's Apple Pie Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies: A Free eCookbook From Mr. Food
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles