Festive Coconut Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter, these Festive Coconut Macaroons are so easy to make you'll want to make them year round -- and we are totally okay with that!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-ounce) packages sweetened, flaked coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 candied red cherries, cut in half
- 8 candied green cherries, cut in half
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place coconut in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until sugar has dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract. Pour over coconut; mix well.
- With your hands, squeeze together 1/4-cupfuls of mixture to form slightly rounded mounds. Place mounds 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Place a half red and a half green cherry in center of each macaroon, cut sides pressed together.
- Turn off oven and leave macaroons in oven for 7 to 10 minutes (with oven door closed), until they turn golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!