Festive Coconut Macaroons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
A perfect addition to your holiday cookie platter, these Festive Coconut Macaroons are so easy to make you'll want to make them year round -- and we are totally okay with that!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-ounce) packages sweetened, flaked coconut
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 candied red cherries, cut in half
- 8 candied green cherries, cut in half
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place coconut in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg whites and sugar over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, just until sugar has dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract. Pour over coconut; mix well.
- With your hands, squeeze together 1/4-cupfuls of mixture to form slightly rounded mounds. Place mounds 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Place a half red and a half green cherry in center of each macaroon, cut sides pressed together.
- Turn off oven and leave macaroons in oven for 7 to 10 minutes (with oven door closed), until they turn golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!