Glazed Lemon Zucchini Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
This savory-sweet melding of flavors creates the most original-tasting cookie you've had all year. Glazed Lemon Zucchini Cookies are the perfect summer treat.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt just until dry ingredients are mixed in. Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
It's easy to top these with a homemade glaze. Simply combine 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar with 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice then drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies.
Make sure to save any leftover zucchini to make one of the tasty recipes found in our collection Garden-Fresh Zucchini Recipes: 24 Summer Recipes with Zucchini.
- Looking for more unusual cookie recipes? Then we think you'll want to check out our Carrot Cake Cookies. You won't believe how tasty they are!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!