Holiday Butter Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Holiday Butter Cookies not only capture the traditional butter cookie flavor that we all love, but they look like the perfect present anyone would enjoy unwrapping this year!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 drops red food color
- 12 drops green food color
What To Do:
- Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, hanging over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in flour and salt just until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. In a medium bowl, mix 1 part dough with red food color until thoroughly blended. Press red dough into bottom of prepared pan. Gently press plain colored dough on top of red dough.
- In another medium bowl, mix the remaining dough with green food color. Gently press the green dough on top of plain dough. Cover, refrigerate at least one hour until chilled.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Using plastic wrap, lift dough from pan. Cut dough lengthwise in half. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges.
Although the recipe calls for 12 drops each of red and green food coloring, you can add more to achieve the colors you like. Go slow, a little food coloring makes a big difference!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate the flavors of summer all year long with our Fiesta Zucchini Salad. This salad gets its great vibrant color from fresh veggies, like cherry red tomatoes, bright yellow corn, green zucchini, and more! It's truly a salad worth throwing a fiesta for!