Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies have just a hint of lemon and are so festive-looking, they'll add sparkle to your dessert table easily. And since Mrs. Claus made them, you know they're Santa approved!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food color
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, lemon extract, and the egg. Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cookies in glaze and place on wire rack.
Use assorted sprinkles and decorating sugar to decorate your cookies. Just be sure to do it quickly, before the glaze hardens!
If you want to decorate your cookies with multiple colors, separate glaze into smaller bowls and mix in food colors one drop at a time, until desired colors are reached.
- For tips on how to organize your own cookie exchange, click here. And for lots more cookie recipes, check out our Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- 10 Easy Cookie Bar Recipes
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Zucchini Chip Cookies
- Magic Microwave Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Grandma's Spice Cookies