Orange Cocoa Sandies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Knock-knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange who? "Orange" ya glad these cookies are so simple to make and taste so yummy?
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, flour, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, the cocoa, pecans, and extract for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool slightly then dust with the remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Serve or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Makes about 4 dozen.
For traditional pecan sandies, leave out the cocoa, change the orange extract to vanilla, and increase the flour to 2 cups.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!