- 5 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Poinsettia Cookies are as tasty as they are lovely. Red candied cherry wedges and butterscotch chips create the pattern of a poinsettia on each cookie.
What You'll Need:
cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 (4 ounces) red candied cherries
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, water, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup butterscotch chips and the coconut. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut the candied cherries in half, and cut each half into three slices.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball and place a butterscotch chip in the center of each. Arrange 5 cherry slices in a circular pattern around each butterscotch chip to resemble the pattern of a poinsettia.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm but not brown. Cool the cookies for about 1 minute on the baking sheets then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields about three dozen cookies.
12 05 13