We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Poinsettia Cookies are as tasty as they are lovely. Red candied cherry wedges and butterscotch chips create the pattern of a poinsettia on each cookie.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (4 ounces) red candied cherries
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, water, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup butterscotch chips and the coconut. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut the candied cherries in half, and cut each half into three slices.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball and place a butterscotch chip in the center of each. Arrange 5 cherry slices in a circular pattern around each butterscotch chip to resemble the pattern of a poinsettia.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm but not brown. Cool the cookies for about 1 minute on the baking sheets then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields about three dozen cookies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- 10 Easy Cookie Bar Recipes
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Zucchini Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Magic Microwave Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Grandma's Spice Cookies