Ricotta Almond Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After finding this handwritten recipe from her mother, Rosemary, from Schenectady, New York gave it a shot and her family and friends have since enjoyed these cookies which she won first place for in our first annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Contest!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 stick butter-flavored shortening
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for garnish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, shortening, and 1 teaspoon almond extract, until smooth. Alternately add flour mixture and chopped almonds to ricotta mixture, and beat until well blended. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining almond extract, and water; mix well until smooth. Drizzle cooled cookies with frosting and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pinwheels
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies