We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Growing up, Sarah made these cookies with her mother every year for Christmas. Because they're so easy to make, she was able to do most of the work herself. Today, her granddaughter always requests these cookies and Sarah happily obliges.
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Add vanilla and water; mix well. Gradually add flour and continue to mix until well combined. The dough will be a little stiff. Add pecans and mix well. Using about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, shape into small crescents or short rolls.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheets 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow dish. Remove cookies from oven and when cool enough to handle, roll in confectioners' sugar. Handle these gently, as they can break or crumble easily.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?