Shortbread Tea Cookies
- about 36
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tea (from 3 tea bags)
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add flour, tea, and salt; beat until a dough is formed. (You may need to work the dough with your hands until it comes together.)
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice dough into 1/3-inch circles and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on wax paper-lined tray. Let sit until chocolate hardens.
- To make your cookies in a "tea bag" shape, just roll out dough to 1/4-inch and, using a knife, cut out into shape seen in photo.
- If you are going to add a string to your tea bag cookies, we recommened making a hole in the cookie before baking them. Use either a straw or the tip of a knife to form the hole.
- Maybe it seems obvious, but a hot cup of our Citrus Tea would be a great accompaniment to these delicious cookies!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
06 02 14