Snowflake Tea Cookies
- 4 dozen
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Turn tea time into a winter affair with our recipe for Snowflake Tea Cookies! These crisp, buttery cookies go great with a hot cup of tea, and will fancy up any holiday cookie platter.
What You'll Need:
cups (3 sticks) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
cups all-purpose flour
cup jam or preserves
Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and salt until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating until well mixed. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into four pieces then roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut into 2-inch circles. Using a plastic drinking straw, randomly cut out circles of dough from half the cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread jam evenly over solid cookies. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cookies with holes. Assemble tea cookies by placing the cookies with holes over the jam-topped cookies. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Any flavor of jam can be used, but we like to use an assortment so different colors peek through the holes in the cookies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.