Snowflake Tea Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Turn tea time into a winter affair with our recipe for Snowflake Tea Cookies! These crisp, buttery cookies go great with a hot cup of tea, and will fancy up any holiday cookie platter.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup jam or preserves
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and salt until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating until well mixed. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into four pieces then roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut into 2-inch circles. Using a plastic drinking straw, randomly cut out circles of dough from half the cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread jam evenly over solid cookies. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over cookies with holes. Assemble tea cookies by placing the cookies with holes over the jam-topped cookies. Serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Any flavor of jam can be used, but we like to use an assortment so different colors peek through the holes in the cookies.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!