Soft Molasses Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's something a little different. Remember Mama's molasses cookies? Try these...they're just as soft and rich-tasting as we remember.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, and egg. Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon hot water and add to the sugar mixture. Add the molasses, cold water, cloves, and cinnamon; mix well. Add the flour gradually, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake until firm, no more than 10 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheets and let cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Pecan Tassies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Cookie Ever