Stained Glass Window Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 cookies
- 5 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
These eye-catching, "no baking required" cookies are perfect for holiday entertaining. With their colorful design that resembles stained glass windows, they're sure to be the talk of the table!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package multi-colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and walnuts. Cool mixture about 15 minutes, until cool but not to the point of hardening.
- Fold in marshmallows and stir until well coated. Spoon half the mixture lengthwise down the center of an 18-inch piece of wax paper. Shape into a 12- x 2-inch log and place at one edge of wax paper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut over remainder of wax paper.
- Roll log over coconut, evenly coating the outside of the entire log. Wrap log firmly in wax paper, folding ends snugly. Repeat with the other half of the marshmallow mixture and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Chill until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap each log and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
We've been baking up batches of Christmas cookies and among our favorites is Holly Crackles.
These are perfect to brighten up your cookie trays 'cause the colors are just like stained glass church windows!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.