We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Sugar Cookies are a classic favorite, and simple to make! This easy cookie recipe is great as-is, or you can use the same dough with other flavorings to come up with fun variations.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the shortening and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
Form dough into 2 balls, cover and chill for at least two hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles or decorative sugars.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden around the edges. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make these cookies all your own by using cookie cutters to cut them into your favorite shapes, or by adding some fun decorations!
- We like sprinkling our sugar cookies with sugar sprinkles 'cause it's so easy to do; just check out our How To Make Colored Sugar page for this easy decorating idea!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.