Texas Half Moons
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say that werewolves come out during a full moon. Well, just you watch the cookie lovers come out for these half moon cookies!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ground ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fluffy. Add egg and beat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy. Add molasses, water, and vanilla, and continue beating. Slowly add flour, 1 tablespoon ginger, the baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until well blended.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger. Frost half of each cookie top with about 1 tablespoon frosting.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Of course, if your gang prefers full moons (and really likes frosting), these can become full moons by frosting the cookie tops completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.