Ginger Ornament Cookies
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 40 Min
What You'll Need:
cup butter, softened
cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except remaining sugar; mix well. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Form the dough into two balls; cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove one dough ball at a time from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters or a knife, cut into shapes and place carefully on ungreased baking sheets. Using a straw, make a whole near the top of each cookie (for threading with ribbon later).
- Sprinkle the cookies with the remaining sugar and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.