Ginger Ornament Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except remaining sugar; mix well. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Form the dough into two balls; cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove one dough ball at a time from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters or a knife, cut into shapes and place carefully on ungreased baking sheets. Using a straw, make a whole near the top of each cookie (for threading with ribbon later).
- Sprinkle the cookies with the remaining sugar and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!