Caramel Cappuccino Kiss Cupcakes
A warm chocolate-caramel surprise hides inside each cupcake. Won't your sweetie be pleased to find that?
What You'll Need:
1 (16-ounce) package angel food cake mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
33 caramel-filled chocolate kisses (see Note)
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
cup fat-free half-and-half
1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla.
- Place 33 foil baking cups on a large baking sheet, or place in muffin pans. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake 17 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes are golden.
- Cut a deep slit in top center of each cake to form a pocket. Gently tuck a chocolate kiss into each warm cupcake.
- Make frosting by combining sugar and coffee granules in a large bowl. Add half-and-half and, if desired, liqueur; whisk until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over each cake. Combine cocoa and cinnamon in a small bowl; dust evenly over tops of cupcakes.
Sure, it's okay to use plain chocolate kisses if you can't find the caramel-filled ones.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
05 05 13