Caramel Cappuccino Kiss Cupcakes
A warm chocolate-caramel surprise hides inside each cupcake. Won't your sweetie be pleased to find that?
What You'll Need:
1 (16-ounce) package angel food cake mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
33 caramel-filled chocolate kisses (see Note)
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
cup fat-free half-and-half
1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in vanilla.
- Place 33 foil baking cups on a large baking sheet, or place in muffin pans. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake 17 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes are golden.
- Cut a deep slit in top center of each cake to form a pocket. Gently tuck a chocolate kiss into each warm cupcake.
- Make frosting by combining sugar and coffee granules in a large bowl. Add half-and-half and, if desired, liqueur; whisk until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over each cake. Combine cocoa and cinnamon in a small bowl; dust evenly over tops of cupcakes.
Sure, it's okay to use plain chocolate kisses if you can't find the caramel-filled ones.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
11 03 13