Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cupcakes
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
This is one chocolate cupcake recipe that'll soon be one of your all-time favorites. The timeless combo of chocolate and cherries in a cupcake? Yes, please!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
cup (3 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) container milk chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for 18 cupcakes; let cool completely.
- Carefully slice off top of each cooled cupcake and hollow out center of cupcakes, reserving cake for another use.
- Slice 9 maraschino cherries in half and set aside. In a medium bowl, coarsely chop remaining cherries; add ice cream and chocolate chips, and mix until well combined.
- Fill hollowed-out cupcakes with ice cream mixture then replace tops. Freeze 1 hour, until firm, then frost each cupcake and top with a reserved maraschino cherry half. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES