Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 25 Min
This is one chocolate cupcake recipe that'll soon be one of your all-time favorites. The timeless combo of chocolate and cherries in a cupcake? Yes, please!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) container milk chocolate frosting
What To Do:
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for 18 cupcakes; let cool completely.
- Carefully slice off top of each cooled cupcake and hollow out center of cupcakes, reserving cake for another use.
- Slice 9 maraschino cherries in half and set aside. In a medium bowl, coarsely chop remaining cherries; add ice cream and chocolate chips, and mix until well combined.
- Fill hollowed-out cupcakes with ice cream mixture then replace tops. Freeze 1 hour, until firm, then frost each cupcake and top with a reserved maraschino cherry half. Serve, or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!