Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Youâ€™ll love the homey flavorful combo of peanut butter and bananas in our Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes. Peanut butter frosting tops cupcakes made with banana bread muffin mix for a homemade treat fit for a king!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (14-ounce) package banana bread muffin mix, prepared and baked according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until thoroughly combined. Mix in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with peanut butter frosting.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag, snip off corner with scissors, and drizzle evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate cupcakes until chocolate is set.
Another treat that features Elvis's favorite combo of peanut butter and bananas is The King's Cake. It's definitely rockin'!
Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!