We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Trendy cupcakes are the perfect choice for entertaining, 'cause everyone is guaranteed an equal portion. These raspberry 'n' cream-filled cupcakes will "take the cake" at any party for taste and good looks!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/2 of an 8-ounce package)
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 container (16 ounces) white frosting
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 9 medium-sized white gumdrops
- 2 medium-sized yellow gumdrops, each cut into 9 narrow strips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line 18 muffin cups with foil baking cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and raspberry preserves. Spoon half of the cake batter into the muffin cups. Spoon equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the batter; top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely then frost with white frosting.
- Sprinkle a cutting board with the sugar. Using a rolling pin, roll out the white gumdrops over the sugar until they form 1-1/2-inch circles, pressing the flattened gumdrops into the sugar as they get sticky. Cut each gumdrop circle in half. Place a yellow gumdrop strip on top of each half-circle, perpendicular to the flat edge. Roll each into a cone shape, pinching the flat side of each together; fold the tops back slightly, forming lilies. Place one flower on each cupcake; serve on a tiered platter.
Yields 18 cupcakes.
Great Garnish: To give this a fancy look, use real edible flowers in place of the gumdrop flowers. Begonias, pansies, roses, and daisies are all examples of edible flowers -- but PLEASE NOTE: Before picking up edible flowers from your local market or florist, make sure they're pesticide-free. Ask before you buy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.