Asian Potato Salad
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
East meets West with this simple-as-can-be side dish that truly blends the best of two cultures.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds small red potatoes (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes, stir in the mayonnaise mixture, and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Want an even more hearty taste? Make this with baked potatoes rather than boiling red ones -- the choice is yours.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES