Beet and Bean Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pickled beets play a starring role in this hearty salad that will add novelty to your side-dish routine. Colorful veggies are known to be antioxidant-rich, so enjoy the tasty rainbow in every nutritious bite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced pickled beets, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package Italian blend salad mix
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or cokked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the drained beets and beans, the salad mix, celery, and onion; mix gently but thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat over medium heat until warmed through but not boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour pesto dressing over salad mixture; mix gently but thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Microwave Directions: In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine the reserved beet liquid, the pesto, bacon, and pepper. Heat on High 1 minute, or until warm, stirring once during heating.
Recipe courtesy of Seneca Foods Corporation
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?