Caribbean Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're feelin' hot, hot, hot, wouldn't it be nice to have a taste of the tropics in a whole-meal salad? Our Caribbean Chicken Salad features so many great tropical flavors, you might consider eating it poolside!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 firm bananas, cut into -inch-thick slices
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (see Note)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients except lettuce; toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Place shredded lettuce on a serving platter or divide among 4 to 6 serving plates; top with chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
To enhance the flavor of the coconut, spread it on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degrees F. oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!