We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Good old-fashioned coleslaw is great any time of the year and goes along with almost any dish. When we're craving a creamy, mayonnaise-based coleslaw we make our Country Coleslaw recipe. It's an easy coleslaw recipe that the whole gang'll love!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (see Note)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add cabbage, carrots, and green pepper; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- A small head of cabbage yields about 8 cups. You can find pre-shredded cabbage at your market, but it's simple and budget-friendly to do it yourself!
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- If you enjoyed this coleslaw recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes and 35 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.