Creamy Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your kitchen "cool as a cucumber" with this refreshing chilled Creamy Cucumber Salad that earns big points as a healthy side dish option. We love bringing this creamy cucumber salad along to a summer potluck because it's the perfect side dish for just about everything. Cucumber salad is a nice change from your typical coleslaw or potato salad, so if you're looking to switch things up this summer, try out a recipe like this one.
What You'll Need:
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 small onion, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves (see Option)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Peel cucumbers and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and coarsely chop cucumbers; place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to cucumbers; mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
- When fresh mint is available, go ahead and use it. Coarsely chop 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and use it in place of dried mint.
- If you enjoyed this creamy cucumber salad recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?