Crunchy Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The trick to extra-crispy cukes is to soak them in ice water. That's what makes our Crunchy Cucumber Salad extra special. Now that you know the trick, give it a try and enjoy.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups ice water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, salt, and ice water.
- Cover and chill 1 hour, then drain and return cucumbers to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
We like to peel the cucumbers for this salad, but you can also use them unpeeled or run a fork across the peels before slicing to give them a ridged look.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Award-Winning Potato Salad
- How to Make Macaroni Salad: 8 Simple Macaroni Salad Recipes
- "German" Coleslaw
- Deviled Egg Salad
- "No-Bake" Baked Potato Salad
- Southern Slaw
- Egg Salad with a Kick
- Basic Macaroni Salad
- Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More
- Perfect Egg Salad