German Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Add oil and onion to bacon grease and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Gently stir in potatoes and parsley.
- Add half of bacon to potato mixture and heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Remove to a serving dish, sprinkle remaining bacon over top, and serve warm.
- The potatoes in German Potato Salad are usually sliced, rather than cubed, but you're the boss...make whatever shape your gang prefers.
- We've got even more yummy potato salads for you to check out in our collection of Fantastically Easy Potato Salads!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
PREVIOUS TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.