German Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says potato salad can't be made without mayonnaise? German Potato Salad has been made that way for years. Try our recipe for a true classic.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
What To Do:
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil and onion to bacon grease and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar and salt,; bring to a boil. Gently stir in potatoes and parsley.
- Crumble in half of bacon, stir and heat until warmed through. Remove to a serving dish, crumble remaining bacon over top, and serve warm.
- The potatoes in German Potato Salad are usually sliced, rather than cubed, but you're the boss...make whatever shape your gang prefers.
- Looking for another German potato recipe? Then be sure to try out our Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes!
- If you're looking for another potluck deli salad, check out our Creamy Cucumber Salad.
- If you're looking for more great German recipes, be sure to check out our collection of International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.