We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Down in the South they're famous for classic potluck dishes, like fried chicken and coleslaw. Our recipe for Southern Slaw is a lightened-up version of the way many Southern folks make their traditional coleslaw recipes at home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon white pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and onion; mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over the cabbage mixture; toss to coat well. Cover and chill for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
- Sure, you can use two 10-ounce packages of shredded cabbage and carrot mixture instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots yourself.
- Try our Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad for another simple, creamy, and crunchy salad recipe! Or for a sweeter salad, try out our Sweet Potato Salad.
- If you're looking for more great deli salads, check out our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More.
- And if you're looking for other classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our recipe collection, Country Cooking: 48 Best-Loved Southern Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!